Despite the numerous companies offering asbestos abatement in Alaska, this dangerous material is still a serious threat to those who live in this great state.
Alaska and the risk of Mesothelioma Cancer
Asbestos exposure, which can lead to mesothelioma cancer, is a risk from numerous sources in Alaska. These include:
- Industries: Power generation plants, pulp mills, marine repair facilities, and seafood processing plants often use asbestos in their operations. In 2001, Great Pacific Seafood Inc. pled guilty to violating the Clean Air Act after failing to properly remove asbestos from their facility. This is indicative of other risks likely presented by Alaska industries.
- City Buildings and Schools: Several buildings also present the risk of causing people to develop mesothelioma cancer via asbestos exposure. For example, the town of Glenallen was recently forced to clear friable asbestos from a building acquired from the State DOT.
- Natural Sources: Alaska is home to several natural sites of asbestos deposits, which must be controlled by the government in order to protect people from the risk of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cancer. These include areas around Ketchikan, Juneau, the Yukon River, Kobuk Valley National Park, the peninsula between Kuskokwim and Brisol Bays, and Wrangell-St. Elias National Park.
If you were exposed to asbestos in Alaska and diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer, contact us to find out more about your legal rights.
Treatment Centers for Help
Sadly, many people in Alaska have been needlessly exposed to asbestos. If you or a loved one suspects cancer asbestos exposure and has developed unusual symptoms, it is wise to contact a qualified mesothelioma treatment center who can evaluate your case.
In Alaska, the best mesothelioma treatment center is located in Anchorage.
Providence Alaska Medical Center
3200 Providence Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99519
The Providence Cancer Center opened its doors five years ago and is proud today to have state of the art technology that provides cancer treatments as advanced as the rest of the US. Not only does this center have the best technology in Alaska for treating many types of cancer, it also has the newly opened Lee Sheffield Infusion Center.
The Infusion Center is committed to provide cancer patients with the best level of care in the country. The center provides a warm and open environment where many types of cancer treatments are performed in both private and group settings to meet the patient’s needs best. Some of the services provided to cancer patients include:
- Ten entirely private rooms
- Total administration of chemotherapy treatments, biotherapy and many blood products
- New comfort rooms where the patients can relax as they wait for their cancer treatment
- A soothing and
If you have suffered exposure or cancer due to asbestos in Alaska, contact for Alaska Asbestos lawsuit information to learn more about your legal rights.